miércoles, 28 de agosto de 2013

David Attenborough

When I was a child we didn't have VHS player, or DVD player or anything but a strange player for a kind of XXL dvd's. We just had that player with the collection of Great Natural Wonders of the World by David Attenborough. I got speechless with the volcanos and I loved also the voice. It wasn't the original voice of David Attenborough, it was dubbed, but it was still very deep low voice.

Cuando era pequeña no teníamos reproductor de vídeo ni de dvd ni de nada, excepto un reproductor raro de una especie de discos extra gigantes. Sólo teníamos ese reproductor y la colección Maravillas de la naturaleza de David Attenborough. Me quedaba anonadada con los volcanes y me encantava la voz del narrador, profunda y grave.

Photo source here
Last week I was watching documentaries on tv. Well, I was doing things, going and coming while the tv was on with all the birdies and animal sounds. What was my surprise when I saw David Attenborough (quite older) on tv. Inmediately, I sat down and started watching him. It was an amazing documentary about his list of 10 species that he'd save from extincion.

La semana pasada estava yo viendo documentales en la tele, bueno, lo tenía ahí puesto y yo iba y venía. Me gusta ir haciendo cosas por casa y oir los pájaros y demás animales hablando entre sí. Cuál fue mi sorpresa cuando vi a David Attenborough (mayor que antaño) en la tele. Inmediatamente me senté y me quedé a verlo. Era un documental maravilloso sobre las 10 especies que él salvaría de la extinción.


For my surprise the pangolin was there. Do you remember I wrote about it some weeks ago? It was a happy discovery that my favourite naturalist had a favourite animal in common with me. I think I love him because his passion while explaining all the phenomenons and animals costums. People I know choose documentaries for having a nap, but my brother and me like them. We get stuck in front on tv, as long as the documentary is good.

Para mi sorpresa, el pangolín estaba entre ellos. ¿Recordáis que escribrí sobre él hace unas semanas? Fue un feliz discubrimiento que mi naturalista favorito tuviera un animal favorito en común conmigo. Creo que me encanta por la pasión que pone al explicar los fenómenos naturales y las costumbres de los animales. La gente que conozco pone documentales para echarse la siesta, pero a mi hermano y a mí nos encantan. Nos quedamos inmóviles en frente de la televisión, siempre y cuando el documental sea así de bueno.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario